Monday 20 February 2012

Clock

I was struggling to think what would break up the large wall space i have at the front of the lobby and thought i could add some kind of old architecture, but something they would have purposely kept. E.g. a clock. Here is my progression in designing it.


An early concept of how the clock will be designed and incorporated into the buildings design. This shows it overhanging the main entrance.

To get ideas out of my head and visualise them the fastest way for me is to screen grab the scene and paint over in photoshop. It doesnt look the prettiest but it helps me show myself what i was thinking. 


Just for proof i did this my self and designed my own clock face here are the screens of my progression.


First i mesured out a boarder and center point. I would keep these rulers through out to ensure precision in my placement.


I found a roman numeral font and added the text 1-12 accordingly.


I then divided the circle into 12 thick lines.


From this i could divide the segments into the minute lines, 5 minutes in each.


I masked the center lines so to give the segmented boarder.


I then added some detailing to the center of the face, a black under line to the numbers and a marble texture.


With the addition of several more details like gold trimming and text i had finished the face.


I was basing the exterior of the clock on this window frame.

The angels around the side of the window are semi 2 dimensional. for this i added hints of geometry to effectivly catch the light and shape.

Here is the finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment